It’s hard to believe that Thanksgiving is this week! Wow! Time really does fly around here! That means it is time for us to start thinking about the holiday season and the cooler temperatures that are now upon us.
For me, one of the best things about the holiday season are the traditions that come with it. Even Shores Event Center has its own holiday traditions. Just like in your own home, we start decorating for the season right after Thanksgiving. We like to create a festive setting for our holiday party customers and their guests.
Many of our customers are well aware of our love of wine! There aren’t too many events that we offer that don’t include wine (or other beverages of your choice)! This got me thinking about putting a slight spin on one of my family’s own Thanksgiving traditions.
Generally, at some point over the Thanksgiving holiday, two things will happen at my house.
- I will make a batch of apple cider using mulling spice for my children.
- I will drink some red wine to stay warm. Or at least that is what I tell myself.
This year, I had an “Ah-ha!” moment! Why I would I not combine the two into my own Thanksgiving Sangria?! Let me just tell you that there are worse things than taste testing this sangria recipe on a cold, snowy Sunday morning. Even my husband, as a non-wine drinker, said, “I would drink that!” The beauty of this combination is that you have something for the non-drinkers and the drinkers all at one time!
Thanksgiving Sangria Ingredients
- Simply Organic Mulling Spice
- 1 64 oz. container of apple juice
- 1 bottle of red wine (no need to go super high end here since you will be mixing it with the apple cider)
Thanksgiving Sangria Instructions
- Use apple juice and mulling spice to prepare hot apple cider per directions on mulling spice.
- Mix 3 oz. red wine with 3 oz. hot apple cider.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick or orange slice.
- Serve warm.
Seriously, it is going to be hard for me not to drink all of this today. I guarantee it will hit the spot for your Thanksgiving celebrations and keep you warm throughout the winter!